1. There will be a remedial class every month end or after two months. If you have missed any topics, cover up those during this session. Otherwise you will have to wait for rotation to complete / next batch to begin.
2. There will be critique session every month during which assignments/images in general will be evaluated.
3. Every two months an informal progress report will be released suggesting weaker and strong points of individual students.
4. the topics are distributed in such a way so that too many similar topics are not scheduled together to avoid monotony.
stage 1 intermediate
Introduction to advance photography.
Understanding Outdoor light better
Understanding on camera / external flash
Basics-sum upDigital workflow-Understanding the importance and flexibility of RAW format. How to convert using canon and Nikon softwares. Also explain capture one pro. comparison between tiff and jpeg formats
Outdoor portrait lighting demonstration- use of reflectors and flash
Early morning Street photography trip
Flash at twilight
The war photographer-james nachway- composition & inspiration
Tony Sweet's Visual Literacy 270 minutes-composition & inspiration
Nikon speedlights- technical
Quantm flash photography-technical
1. Portrait study- submit 10 best photographs of a person you choose to photograph. Mention a few characteristics of that person and the final images should convey those characteristics
2. Submit 100 photographs shot outdoors / in natural light / flash which are your favourites. Give reasons why. Do not include fashion or commercial photos in studio / outdoors
3. Flash photography- submit 5 shots taken indoors where the use of flash is not noticeable. 5 shots which show the use of flash as a fill in outdoors
4. Set of 5 different images which the change in metering modes
stage 2 intermediate
|agenda||Studio-understanding the equipment and lighting|
studio portraiture- types of lights - light modifiers
1. Studio Portraiture- understanding single light- use single hard light to get better control over light.
2. Use different light modifiers to study the effect. Use more than one lights.
elinchrom- studio lighting-joe craig-technical
indoor lighting james schmelzer 45 mins-technical
portrait lighting techniques bobbi lane-technical
|assignments||1. One day one picture A- upload/submit every saturday and sunday night one photograph shot on that day. (8 photos to be submitted this month but on the same day)|
stage 3 studio
|agenda||Studio- more control over the studio lighting|
|presentations||Go through RAW files of travel pictures by Munish. Understand the way it moves from one frame to the next in terms of composition and technique|
Evening / twilight Street photography trip
PRODUCT photography- guidelines and demonstration
Outdoor lighting 1 of 6dvds / 2 hrs
Portrait lighting-2 of 6 dvds /2hrs
Portrait lighting-3 of 6 dvds /2hrs
|assignments||1. One day one picture B- upload/submit every saturday and sunday night two photographs shot on that day. (16 photos to be submitted this month but on the same day)|
|agenda||Studio- Lifestyle and fashion|
Fashion photography- guidelines
Guidelines- Kids photography
KIDS Demonstration of Kids photography. Volunteers required.
COUPLES Demonstration of couple shoot. Volunteers required.
Outdoor lighting 4 of 6dvds / 2 hrs
Portrait lighting-5 of 6 dvds /2hrs
Portrait lighting-6 of 6 dvds /2hrs
hollywood style lighting
Mark Daughn lighting 101
|assignments||Photo essay- Submit a series of 10 photographs on a specific topic|
|agenda||Fashion and Beauty Pro model shoots-studio|
Frames from the edge- Helmunt Newton
Mark Daughn lighting 102
|assignments||Self portrait- Submit a series of 10 (or independant) self portraits- shot outdoors or indoors|
|agenda||Fashion and Beauty Pro model shoots begin -|
|presentations||Guidelines- wedding photography|
|tutorial dvds||Photographing cars- fernando escovar and earl crowe
national geographic- through the lens
|assignments||Group discussion- Every student will prepare a particular topic and talk about that|
|1 Pro model shoot||first shoot with a professional model +makeup/stylist|
|agenda||PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY + PMS|
1. wine / coke bottle
2. Shoes and sandals/ Purses
|1 Pro model shoot||second shoot with professional model|
|FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY + PMS|
|presentations||Food photography guidelines|
1. Pastries and cakes
2. South Indian food
|1 Pro model shoot||Third shoot with professional model|
|practicals||Macro and abstracts|
|2 Pro model shoots||
Fourth shoot with professional model
Fifth shoot with professional model
|3 Pro model shoots||sixth - seventh - eighth PMShoot|
weekend trip to Agra or any other nearby place.
|SUBMISSION and EVALUATION of PORTFOLIO|